Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Coauthoring Lives

The people we live with, grow up around, and meet through our experiences have the potential to shape us into who were are.  Both positive and negative experiences help you to write your story.  When I think of the people who changed me the most I think of my Mom, Dad, Grandmother, Collin, Angelica, Bill, Loralee, Ms. Cav, Jenn, & Lindsay.  


One of the people on my list, Angelica, I have know for just about 5 years.  She is one of the strongest yet caring people I know.  She has taught me how to lead with strength while being motivated by your caring and compassionate goals.  She has helped me to find who I am not only as a dancer but as an individual.  She is not afraid to tell me when I'm being ridiculous or dramatic or over reacting but she also is always there to listen.  She has pushed me to my limits knowing that the limits I had set for myself were not my true limitations.  She has allowed me to make mistakes and learn how to work through them.  Most importantly she has shown me how you never have to stop reaching for what you want.  You are never too old to make goals, you never stop learning, and you never give up.  She is someone who I have grown to respect immensely.  

Ten words from the article I did not previously know:

1. Maligned
2. Pathologized
3. Work Relationally
4. Implicit Theories
5. Proximal Development
6. Impediment
7. Interpsychological Development
8. Tested Knowledge
9. Theoretical Thinking
10. Meeting of Minds

No comments:

Post a Comment