Monday, September 5, 2016

About Me!



                                                          My name is Nicole Chagnon.  
I am 23 years old and from Somerset, Ma.  Of course I am a Youth Development major but I have also completed a Dance Performance degree here at RIC.  When I am not in class I am usually running around because I'm not great at relaxing.  I work three-four jobs a week which keeps me busy, just the way I like it.  I am a dance teacher at the studio I grew up dancing at, Loralee's Dance Studio, in Swansea, Ma.  I love being able to help to create an atmosphere that allows the students to grow both as dancers and as individuals.  It was such a safe space for me growing up that I am so proud to help give to the next generation.   I also work at Wiggle Kids, which is a fitness center for all ages all abilities, where I am planning to do my internship.   I am also the rehearsal director for the Rhode Island College Dance Company.  It's safe to say I am usually running around from place to place on most days.  When I'm not working I love to spend my free time being active by doing things like yoga, hiking, and canoeing.  The most exciting thing I did this summer was skydiving for my birthday! I am excited for my senior year and ready to get started on my internship.  I'm looking forward to moving next fall after graduation to New York to pursue a career using both of my majors.  The url link I'm posting is of Beyonce because I am going to see her in concert on Wednesday and could not be more excited!!!! https://youtu.be/-8NBSbly6pI

A recent performance of Triptych, choreographed by Larry Keigwin!


My boyfriend and best friend.


Skydiving for the first time!!


My amazing, supportive, and crazy family.

Some of my favorite LDS dancers, love being their teacher!










No comments:

Post a Comment