Thursday, December 8, 2016

Event #1

My first event was a training for my internship.  During this training we discussed how we can better serve our clients, better serve ourselves, and how we can continue to grow as individuals.  
My mentor has a new organization she is building online called, Be Human U.  
This organizations mission is to help individuals who also want to work in inclusion fitness.  It serves as a positive space online for people to ask questions, post about experiences, and investigate what their purpose is.  My mentor, Kim, worked with us at this training on finding how we can use our own personal strengths to help our clients.  We discussed where we excel and where we can grow.  I learned that my strength is teaching.  I am not afraid of leading the class, or being silly to get my students excited.  I am willing to do whatever I have to do to have the class moving in a positive direction.  Where I want to grow is simply to know more.  To have my knowledge about my students.  Before this internship I never worked with the special needs community.  While I did take special ed 300, that is no where close to enough of information to best serve my clients.  I am eager to learn more about the individual needs of my clients, based on their personalities as well as their diagnosis.     

No comments:

Post a Comment